Percocet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Warnings
What is Percocet?
Percocet is an opioid medication containing Oxycodone and Acetaminophen. People buy Percocet online to relieve pain when non-opioid drugs are ineffective in controlling their pain. The cellular structure of these narcotics is the same. Percocet and other opioids bind to opioid receptors in the brain.
The medicine has a high risk of misuse and dependency and can cause constipation. They can cause euphoria and numb pain, but they can also cause breathing to slow. Percocet is frequently prescribed to patients in pain due to a cesarean section or a broken bone. The time between when opioids are taken and when the user feels the effects varies.
How do Percocet works?
Percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen) is a mixture of two medications that affect how you respond to pain via different pathways.
- Oxycodone is a type of opioid. It ties to certain parts of your brain known as mu-opioid receptors and reduces the amount of pain you feel.
- Acetaminophen is a non-opioid analgesic. It's not entirely clear how acetaminophen works, but it's thought to relieve pain by acting on several chemical pathways in your brain.
Different types of Percocet forms?
People can buy Percocet online in several forms
- Percocet Immediate-Release Tablet
- Percocet Extended-Release Tablet
What Are the Most Common Percocet Doses?
- Percocet 10-325MG Tablet
- 7.5-325MG Tablet
- 2.5-325MG Tablet
- 5-325MG Tablet
What does Percocet do to you?
Percocet is a pain reliever that comes in capsule form. Oxycodone is an opioid pain reliever, and acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that enhances Oxycodone's effects. The combination of Oxycodone and acetaminophen alter how your brain and nervous system respond to pain. People buy Percocet online to relieve pain caused by injuries or surgery.
How long does Percocet stay in your system?
The half-life of medicine is the average time it takes for half of the initial dose to be metabolized and leave the system. Several half-lives are required to eliminate the drug from the system. Understanding the half-life of Percocet will help you avoid overdose. The half-life of Percocet in the blood is 3.5 hours, which relies on liver function.
It takes an average of 19 hours to remove all Percocets from the system. Urinalysis usually begins 2 hours after the first dose and detects traces of Percocet over 24-48 hours. The moderate half-life of immediate-release Oxycodone is about 3.2 hours. Oxymorphone, a metabolite of Oxycodone, is metabolized in the liver to noroxymorphone, which is then excreted by the body in the urine. In many people, Percocet blocks blood flow within 24 hours but can be detected in saliva and urine for up to 4 days and in hair for much longer.
Percocet can be detected at the following locations:
- Blood 24 hours after the last dose
- Saliva for up to 2 days after the previous dose
- Urine up to 4 days after the last dose
- Hair 90 days after the previous dose
Factors That Affect Detection Time
Drugs remain in people's systems for varying lengths due to factors such as metabolism, age, other medications in the body, the length of time the drug has been taken, and overall health.
Age: Adults over 40 process Oxycodone in Percocet at a slower rate than younger adults.
Duration of use: Percocet can accumulate in the body, so if you've been taking it for pain for a while, it will be detectable for a more extended period after your last dose.
Kidney and liver function: Percocet is metabolized more slowly by people with impaired kidney and liver function.
Metabolism: The faster your metabolic rate, which is affected by age, hydration, and physical activity, the faster your metabolism.
What is the essential information you need to know about Percocet (oral)?
People must follow specific instructions before they buy Percocet online: Do not use this drug if you are allergic to paracetamol or Oxycodone.
Talk to your physician if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Respiratory disorders, sleep apnea.
- Liver disease;
- Obstruction of the stomach or intestines.
- Drug or alcoholism;
- Kidney disease;
- Severe asthma or breathing problems.
- Head injury or seizure;
- Urination problems; also
- Problems in the thyroid gland, pancreas, and gallbladder.
Can you take Percocet while breastfeeding?
If you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using opioid medications. Talk to your physician if you notice that your baby is very tired or slow to breathe. Taking opioid medications during pregnancy can make your baby dependent on the drug. This can cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in postnatal babies. Babies who are dependent on opioids can be treated for several weeks.
What are the side effects of Percocet?
With any medicine, there are risks and benefits. Even if the drug is effective, you may experience undesirable side effects. If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact your doctor right away:
Overdose: Slow breathing, extreme sleepiness, slow heartbeat, small pupils the size of a pinhead, cold or clammy skin, pain on the upper right side of the stomach, dark urine, yellowing of your skin or eyes
Withdrawal: Anxiety, suicidal ideation, agitation, yawning, sweating, chills, wide pupils, irritability, skin reddening or peeling, painful rash, fluid-filled blisters The following side effects may improve as your body adjusts to the medication. If you continue to have these symptoms or if they worsen, contact your doctor right away.
Common side effects
- Extreme sense of anxiety or discomfort
Other side effects
- Body weakness
- Sweating more than normal
- Higher or lower blood pressure
- Faster or slower heartbeat
- Changes in taste
How to take Percocet (Oral)?
- Use Percocet (Oral) precisely as directed on the label or as prescribed with the aid of your physician. Do not use in large or smaller quantities or for longer than recommended.
- Read all instructions for your prescription label before buying Percocet online. Never take this medicinal drug in large quantities or for longer than prescribed. An overdose can harm your liver or purpose a loss of life. Tell your physician in case you experience an accelerated urge to apply extra of this medicinal drug.
- Never share opioid medicinal drugs with anyone, mainly someone with a drug abuse or addiction record.
- Keep the medications in an area where others can not get to them. Selling or giving freely opioid medicinal drugs is in opposition to the law.
- Measure liquid medicinal drugs carefully. Use the dosing syringe provided or a therapeutic drug dose-measuring device (now no longer a kitchen spoon).
- If you want surgical operation or clinical tests, inform the physician beforehand of the time you use this medicinal drug.
- Do not hold leftover opioid medication. Just one dose can purpose loss of life in a person using this medicinal drug by chance or improperly.
- Flush the unused medicinal drug down the toilet.
Advantages and disadvantages of Percocet
- Relieves pain within 10-30 minutes if non-opioid medications are not sufficient to control pain
- People can buy Percocet online in liquid form, which is available for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets.
- High risk of abuse and dependence on Long-term use
- May cause constipation
- It contains other paracetamol because it may increase the risk of liver damage.
- Not recommended to take it without Prescription
Combining Oxycodone with alcohol, other opioids, benzodiazepines, or other central nervous system depressants such as certain cold and allergic drugs can cause severe sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and even death. Read all the details in this blog before buying Percocet online to know how other medications you may be taking may interact with Percocet. O
xycodone also interacts with the following drugs and can cause potentially dangerous increases in Oxycodone levels when taken with or discontinued while using Percocet.
- Antifungal agent
- CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 inhibitors
Tell your doctor about over-the-counter prescription medicines, herbs, and supplements so they can be monitored and coordinated.
Write a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *