Showing all 2 results
Lexapro is a brand-name prescription drug known to treat the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. You can buy Lexapro online and take it alone or with other medications, as your healthcare professional prescribes.
Lexapro generic escitalopram belongs to a category of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It affects the levels of specific chemicals in the system that may be altered in individuals dealing with depression or anxiety.
Whether Lexapro is safe and effective in adolescents younger than 12 years is unknown. So, do not administer it to anyone below that age.
Tips to take Lexapro
- Use Lexapro precisely as directed by your healthcare professional. Follow the instructions on the prescription label after reading the medication guide. Occasionally, your health expert may ask you to take a different dosage depending upon your health requirements.
- Take the medication at the exact time every day, with or without food.
- Measure the liquid medicine carefully using a dosing syringe or a dose-measuring device rather than a kitchen spoon.
- It may take around four weeks for your symptoms to improve. You need to keep taking the drug as indicated and tell your healthcare professional if there is no improvement in your condition.
- Your health expert may need to check your progress daily. The healthcare provider may check the height and weight by taking Lexapro.
Tell your medical healthcare professional if you experience any changes in sexual function, such as trouble having an orgasm, no or less interest in sex, or problems with erections or ejaculation in men. Although, some sexual issues can be treated.
Do not discontinue the administration of Lexapro suddenly, or you could experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. If you want to taper the doses, follow your doctor’s directions.
Usual Adult Dosage for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD):
- The typical initial dose should be 10 mg once a day; increase with medical consultation if necessary at least after a week. The maximum you can increase in the first week is 20 mg one time a day.
- The maintenance amount must range from 10 mg to 20 mg once a day.
- The maximum amount should not be more than 20 mg per day.
Usual Adult Dosage for Depression:
- The typical initial dose should be 10 mg once a day; increase if necessary with medical consultation at least after a weak. The maximum you can increase in the first week is 20 mg once a day.
- The maintenance amount should range from 10 mg to 20 mg orally per day.
- The maximum amount of this drug in a day should not be more than 20 mg.
The typical senior dosage for depression and maintenance treatment of major depressive disorder is 10 mg once a day.
Usual Pediatric Dosage (12 years and older) for depression:
- The initial amount should be 10 mg orally once per day; increase only if necessary with medical consultation at least after three weeks. In the first three weeks, the maximum you can increase is 20 mg once a day.
- The maintenance dose can range from 10 mg to 20 mg, depending upon your health requirements.
- The maximum amount of this medicine in a day should not be more than 20 mg.
What are the side effects of Lexapro?
To ensure your safety, report any new or worsening signs or symptoms to your doctor, such as:
- mood or behavior changes
- trouble sleeping
- panic attacks
- feeling impulsive, agitated, irritable, aggressive, hostile, hyperactive, restless, more depressed; and
- have thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself
Severe side effects of Lexapro include:
- eye pain or swelling
- tunnel or blurred vision
- seeing halos around lights
- pain or burning during urination
- racing thoughts with unusual risk-taking behavior
- extreme happiness or sadness
- slow weight gain or growth rate in a child taking Lexapro
- low sodium levels in the body causing headache, slurred speech, confusion, vomiting, weakness, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or
- severe nervous system reaction- sweating, high fever, rigid muscles, confusion, tremors, fast or uneven heartbeats with a feeling of passing out
Common side effects of Lexapro in adults can include:
- sleeping trouble
- dry mouth
- loss of appetite
- sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED) and decreased sex drive
Common side effects of Lexapro in children and adolescents can include:
- increased thirst
- abnormal increase in muscle movement
- trouble urinating slowed growth and weight change
- heavy menstrual periods
Side effects of Lexapro with other health conditions
If you have specific medical health concerns, you should not take this drug. In some cases, your healthcare professional may lower your dosage or keenly watch you during your treatment with it. It would be better to check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of the following medical conditions before taking Lexapro:
- A history of mental problems causing suicidal thoughts or behaviors- Lexapro can raise the risk of suicidal thinking or behavior, primarily in children, teens, and young adults.
- Seizures- Lexapro may cause convulsions or worsen your pre-existing seizure disorder.
- Bipolar disorder- If you take this medicine without other bipolar disorder medications, Lexapro may cause a manic episode.
- Low salt levels- Use of this medicine can cause further lowering of your salt levels.
- Glaucoma- Lexapro may bring on a glaucoma attack
- Pregnancy- The effect of this drug on an unborn baby is still not clear.
- Breastfeeding- Lexapro is likely to pass through breast milk and cause adverse effects in a breastfed nursing infant.
One can buy Lexapro online but should consider the above points and consult the healthcare professional first. If any adverse effects occur, patients should seek a pharmacist or other medical aid.